Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Travel Dreams!

It's my dream to travel the USA with the girls......I did say my dream. I do share it often and the girls seem enthusiastic....it's just the how to and budget that slow me down! In my dream we're traveling in this a roadtrek... can't see myself maneuvering one of those big RV's . It's just the over $100,000 price tag that gets in the my way.... I'm looking into a used version... still very pricey and way out of our budget range.....I dream on.... I've read countless blogs on living out of ones car.....though illegal, it can be done, just not so sure how safe it would be for me to undertake with two children. I think, maybe we'll tent across US... the tent, us and enough gear fit comfortable in my Subie. I envision a nation of unschoolers welcoming us to set up camp on thier land.....maybe even sharing there home. I think what about a travel buddie family who shares this dream, has the freedom, and wouldn't mind sharing a cheap hotel room....I keep dreaming.

Then I wake up to our day to day life , in which, the girls and I ,travel all the time. We annually take 2 to 3 trips to visit family in an other state. We load up and head out to wonderful unschooling gatherings, several times during the course of any given year. We go to Disney World about every three years. We often venture out for day trips across this great state of VA. We weekly go to museums that are an hour or more away....and once inside we travel even farther in our minds. Daily we get caught up in ds games, books and the Internet that take us to so many wonder places! Heck, our life gives us the ability to travel, constantly! As for my dream, well, very day is a step that brings me closer to it!

I can't wait to see where our travels will bring us tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, I would love one of those too! The Roadtreks are top of the line. It's sweet your family life, you're blessed!

    J

    ReplyDelete