Saturday, May 23, 2009

I've started a many a blog...

.....but a very wise man Ben Franklin ( OK a real cool impersonator) said something that hit a cord with me... he said... "if you want to give your children a great gift, write down your days...good and bad".

So here I start again, I'm currently a SAHM, we are a radical unschooling family, meaning we respect each other needs as equally as possible and spend our days doing things that bring us joy...no curriculum required!

Lately, I have dived into a hole new realm of reality for me.... couponing.... I've spent weeks scouring the Internet educating myself on the ways of coupon deals.... and let me just say there are some great resources out there!!! I'm amazed! Sites that match up your grocery stores sales with coupons... its wild... my frig and and freezer have never been this full!

It's Saturday, and right now the girls are out playing at a neighbors. Usually we lay low on the weekends ( and this is Memorial weekend) we're spoiled, we don't like the big crowds they bring. But my non early risers...got up early today to go to the Old Navy's $1 flip flop sale (we got there around 10am and there was hardly anything left...but Liv(10) got 3 pairs: black, brown, and grey; Lex(8) was able to find one pair in her size... red! They both have plans to embellish them in some way. We also went to the downtown library to catch the showing of Disney's ' Amos and Ben ' which is part of a wonderful two month program/traveling exhibit the library is hosting on Ben Franklin. Bummed that our state's Krispy Kremes was not participating in the 99 cents for a dozen donuts deal...we stoped at D&D and I got them each a sprinkled donut... (thank-you Aunt C. for that gift card). They both decided against the Lowes kid workshop. We have also vetoed the movie at the riverfront tonight cause of the crowds....but we agreed to go some time during the week....just to play at the riverside beach!


We'll most likely hang-out, eat some of the yummy food we have stock piled and watch some
tv and or vids...

Got to go... the girls just walked through the door all excited about some new website they just learned about.....weeworld.com .... thank goodness we all have our own laptops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment